How do I do Google Earth address lookup of any place?
If a similar query about searching for any address on Google Earth has brought you here, then you have come to the right place. A freely available web application that is developed by Google, it provides a real-time 3D rendition of the world. In this way, we can search for an address on Google Earth from anywhere we want and track it pretty easily. It doesn’t matter if you wish to keep an eye on your home or anywhere else, you can search for an address on Google Earth. In this guide, I will tell you how to let Google Earth search address in 4 different ways.
To start with, I’m going to list the simplest way to perform Google Earth address lookup. If you want, you can just go to the Google Earth web page or its app and enter the name of the location you wish to look for. Needless to say, to let Google Earth search the address of a place, it should be saved on Google through its name. The feature is mostly used to search for address on Google Earth of popular locations.
- Firstly, you can just launch Google Earth on your system or use its mobile app as well. Since they work in the same way, let’s consider the instance of Google Earth’s web app, which you can access by visiting earth.google.com on your computer.
- Just wait for a while as it would take a few seconds to load. Once Google Earth is loaded, you will get an interface like this with various options on the sidebar and at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, to make Google Earth address to look up, just go to its sidebar and click on the search icon. Here, you can just enter the name of the location you need to search and Google will automatically display some suggestions.
- Select the saved location from the suggestions or type the location manually and press enter. That’s it! It will search for address on Google Earth and would display it on the interface that you can explore as per your requirements.
Sometimes, we need to perform Google Earth search for specific locations that might not be listed on Google already. For this, you can do Google Earth address lookup by entering specific coordinates. There are two major coordinate systems that I would recommend using – Decimal Degrees or Degrees Minutes Seconds. In this, we have unique values for both longitude and longitude that we enter on Google Earth. Besides that, you can also enter Universal Transverse Mercator or the Degrees Decimal Minutes values.
To search for address on Google Earth via its coordinates, you need to know these values beforehand. For that, you can take the assistance of Google Maps or just look up these values on the web. Once you are ready with the exact coordinates, you can let Google Earth address to look up in the following way.
- Just launch Google Earth on your system by visiting its web page and go to its sidebar to open its Settings.
- Once the Google Earth settings are opened, go down a bit to the “Format and Units” section. From here, you can select a desirable Longitude Latitude format, which could be Decimal Degrees or Degrees Minutes Seconds.
- Now, just go to the search bar of Google Earth from its sidebar and manually enter the exact coordinates of the place you need to load. Just enter the coordinates in the selected format, press enter, and wait for Google Earth to load it.
- When the location is loaded, you can check for its coordinates from the bottom of the screen to verify it. From here, you can know the exact coordinates of a location on Google Earth as well.
A lot of times, we are not able to search for address on Google Earth exactly. In this case, you can just look for a popular landmark that is located nearby your destination. Once that is loaded, you can use the drag, scroll, and zoom features of Google Earth.
Let’s suppose we have performed Google Earth address lookup for any place. Now, just take your cursor, hold the map, and drag it in any direction to move it. You can double-click any place to further zoom into it. At the bottom of the interface, you can go to any spot on the globe and use the + and – buttons to zoom in/out.
From the bottom panel of Google Earth, you can also activate the street view, which is a popular feature in the app. Just click on the human figure icon or drag-and-drop it anywhere you want to activate it.
Sometimes, we search for an address on Google Earth but forget it later on. The good thing is that if you have logged-in with your Google account, then your history would be recorded. Although you can’t access it on Google Earth, the details would be synced to your Google Maps data from where you can copy it on Google Earth.
- Just launch Google Map on your system or mobile that is linked to the same Google Account. Now, go to its sidebar and browse to Settings > Maps History.
- Here, you can look for the map’s history and go to Google Earth to do address lookup the usual way.
- In case if you wish to clear the saved history on Google Earth, then go to its Settings and click on the clear search history button.
There you go! After reading this guide, you would be able to let Google Earth search address of any place you want. As you can see, you can do Google Earth address lookup by just the name of the place or loading its coordinates. Besides that, you can just scroll and browse the interface the way you look and search for new locations as well. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and search for any address on Google Earth and visit the world (virtually)!