Not only can you send texts, contacts, photos, and videos via WhatsApp, but you can also share your location. Maybe you've even used the Send location feature to let a buddy know where you are. WhatsApp always achieves this by asking your mobile for your current location.
As a result, WhatsApp keeps track of your whereabouts in real-time and lets you share live locations with your friends. This function can be extremely useful, particularly if you're planning a get-together or just want to let your friends know where you're going.
Using WhatsApp live location is entirely voluntary, and it has little bearing on how you use the app’s other features provided your activities remain to be legal.
However, you may make it seem that you are somewhere else by faking your WhatsApp location. This may be helpful in a multitude of cases, such as preparing a surprise for friends or relatives, performing a joke, or just not allowing others to know where you are while you're out and about.
- Part 1 What Are the Location Sending Options in WhatsApp?
- Part 2 What are the scenarios for the need to send fake locations?
- Part 3 How to spoof location
Part 1 What Are the Location Sending Options in WhatsApp?
If you share your current location with another person, you are, in fact, sharing the location you are in at that particular time, the present location. This static information that you send to the other person is just once. Let's pretend I've sent somebody my current position and I'm on the run. So, even though my position changes in a few minutes, the other user would not be able to see it. They'd just be able to see the static location that I'd shared before i started moving. In WhatsApp terms, this is known as the current location.
The other type of sending location is through live location sharing. This would notify the other person of your current position, and the details would be updated if required. It shares the complex coordinates as they shift over time, in other words. Let's presume I've discussed my current place with a buddy, and I'm on my way to catch up with them. So they can see my movement on the map any time they look at my place.
WhatsApp enables us to share our current location with others for a limited time to make life easy for us while maintaining our privacy.
Part 2 What are the scenarios for the need to send fake locations?
There are a lot of reasons in which users will want to set up a fake location, both for fun and for other purposes as well. The following are some of the most common situations in which you'll need to fake your live position on WhatsApp:
- When you're out and don't want your buddies and relatives to see where you are.
- When you're planning a treat for somebody you care for.
- To play a practical joke on your mates.
- To have a humble time while sleeping.
- To hide your current location from a boss who constantly monitors your movement in and out of organization.
You may use a third-party software to fake your location on WhatsApp for any reason you like, as long as it's legal.
Part 3 How to spoof location
There are occasions when you want to spoof WhatsApp your contacts. For Android users, they can use a free ready-made fake location apps, but for iOS users, they can use a dedicated tool like Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS).
Teleport iPhone GPS location to anywhere in the world in 1 click!
- Change GPS location to anywhere globally.
- Select a place to teleport by name or coordinates.
- GPS automatic movement in 2 control modes.
- Enhanced map view to show your location or movement.
Dr. Fone – Virtual location makes it possible for users to be able to share false location on WhatsApp groups, send location on WhatsApp to your friends for the purpose of misleading them about your live location on WhatsApp. With a simple button, you can adjust your location to anywhere in the world with this user-friendly app. You may pause and resume the simulation at any moment, as well as switch between various locations.
To use this bogus GPS WhatsApp trick, there is no need to jailbreak the targeted iOS device to realize it. The app is part of the Dr.Fone toolkit, which is well-known for its protection features. It is compatible with both new and old iPhone versions, so you can use it on almost every iOS device. You may use Dr.Fone – Virtual location to send fake location on WhatsApp by following these steps to get started.
- If you haven’t installed the app, download Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS). Install and launch the program to start.
- Select "Virtual Location" from the options and connect your iPhone to your computer. Select "Get started” to continue.
- You will see your current location on your map in the new window of the Dr. Fone Virtual Location interface. If the location is not shown correctly, press the "Center On" button in the lower right corner to show the correct location.
- Select the “Teleport mode”, which is the 3rd icon in the upper right corner of the interface. Enter the name of the place you want to teleport to in the upper left field and press the “GO” button.
- You can now click “Move Here” in the popup box since the system understands your needs.
- Your location is now set to Rome. Now, clicking “Center On” icon or locate yourself on your iOS device, the location is fixed to Rome, Italy. The location in your location-based app also remains the same.
Dr.Fone Virtual Location
Dr.Fone Virtual Location makes it possible for everyone to be able to conceal or share/send live location on WhatsApp only when they wish. For iOS device users, hiding location was a little bit complicated, but Dr.Fone Virtual location changed the game. To be able to join other iOS users in enjoying these privileges, just download the software from the official website.