Suppose you are travelling out of your region or country, the major issue you’re going to have with your Apple device is that you cannot access its services. Now, you can change iTunes location, by doing so you will be able to access all the services easily. You need to keep some of the points in your mind before you change iTunes location. Here we’ve discussed all the remedies and process in a step by manner with screenshots, that are going to solve all your issues hopefully.
- Redeem any store credit outlasting on your Apple ID.
- Cancel all the subscriptions in process, wait until the end of the subscription period, it includes Apple Music and many more.
- Wait for any memberships, Season Passes, pre-orders, or movie rentals to finish and wait until your pending store credit refund is processed.
- Please keep in mind that you must have a payment method for your new country or region.
- Re-download your TV shows, apps, movies, music, and books on any devices that you might use to read or play them in the future. This is because it is possible that the content may not be available in your country or region.
If you are a constant traveller or you are moving to some other region or country. You need to change iTunes store location, and by doing so, you will be able to access some of those applications and services that are country/region restricted. But before you change iTunes store location, you need to keep in mind that you must have to cancel your subscriptions and get a payment method for your current country or region also, you need to spend your store credit.
Down below there are some easy to perform techniques that’s going to guide to change iTunes store location.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Execute the Settings application.
- Type your name, then select “iTunes & App Store”.
- Insert your Apple ID after that select “View Apple ID”. Sometimes it would ask you to login.
- Opt your Country/Region.
- Select "Change Country or Region." Contact Apple Support if you cannot see "Change Country or Region”.
- Insert your new country or region, then checkup the Terms & Conditions.
- Select Agree in the upper-right corner, then select Agree again to confirm.
- Chose a payment method and insert the new payment info and billing address, then opt for Next.
On your computer
- Open the iTunes app.
- In the menu bar over the iTunes window, choose ‘Account’, then click on the option “View My Account”.
- With your Apple ID get signed in the account, then select “View Account”.
- On the page showing Account Information, click "Change Country or Region."
- From the "Select a country or region" menu, choose your new and current region or country. If you cannot see "Select a country or region," you can contact to Apple Support.
- Go through the Terms & Conditions, and after that select Agree. Select “Agree” to confirm.
- After you have entered your method of payment and billing address you click on next.
If you want to access the Apple services like iCloud, iTunes Store, the App Store, Apple Music and many more, you need to create your Apple ID account. An Apple ID includes your email address and your password that you will use to sign in, it will sync all your contact, payment information, and security details that are going to be used throughout all your Apple services.
It doesn’t matter that from where you are creating your Apple Id ( either it is on computer or Phone), but make sure that in whatever services you want to login into, you have to use the same Apple ID as by doing this you can manage your every information by using single Apple ID.
Create your Apple ID on your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
While setting up a new device you need to have an Apple ID, but it is optional that you want to give it at a time or not. While setting up your new Apple device you just have to give you Apple ID and the associated password. And if you don’t have one, follow the steps down below:
Create an Apple ID when you set up your device
- Select Forgot password or don't have an Apple ID.
- Select Create a Free Apple ID.
- Choose your name and enter your birthday. Select Next.
- Select ‘Use your current email address’, or select the option saying ‘Get a free iCloud email address’.
Create an Apple ID using the App Store on your device
- Execute the App Store and select your profile picture.
- Select ‘Create New Apple ID’ and you are unable to see this option make sure you are logged out of iCloud.
- Type your email ID and password associated, and choose the country or region that is related to your billing address and lastly your payment method. The email address that you've provided will be your new Apple ID.
- Insert your name and birthday, then select to “Subscribe to Apple Updates” if you like to do so.
- Insert your credit card and your billing and after that select “Next”.
- Authenticate your phone number. This can help to prove your identity and retrieve your account if needed. Select Next.
- Double-check your email for a confirmation email from Apple and understand the steps to confirm your email address.
Create an Apple ID on your Windows PC
- For Windows Open iTunes. Please keep in mind that you've got the latest version.
- From the “Menu bar” at the peak of your computer screen or the head of the iTunes window panel, select “Account” > “Sign In”. Then click the button saying “Create New Apple ID”.
- Finish the form to generate your new Apple ID. The email address you give will be your new Apple ID. The form also holds security questions for your security.
- Next, when you have filled the form, Tap Continue.
- Register your billing information and credit card, then Tap Continue.
- Check your Mail inbox to get an email verification, follow the steps that are instructed.
If you are someone who is fond of travelling and regularly travel across different countries, you may be facing problems to access many applications that are country and region restricted. As an Apple ID is associated with country and thus you can change both App Store and iTunes Store easily. If you change iTunes location, it would be really beneficial for you to access region specific contents. You can view, purchase, or download items on another countries App Store or iTunes Store. The process to change iTunes store on iPhone is quite simple, just you need to follow some basic tutorial given down below.
The processes that are given below can be applied on any device whether it is iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Go onto Settings, and navigate to “iTunes & App Stores”
- Select the Apple ID and type the associated password
- Select the “Country/Region” and choose the new country to link your account with.
Please keep in mind, that you need to change you billing address also, though this has to be done if you are willing to purchase any application.
Changing Countries from iTunes on the Desktop
The process given below can be applied on iTunes or Mac OS X or Windows:
- Open iTunes and go to the iTunes Store.
- Select “Account” and log in, underneath “Apple ID Summary” select “Change Country or Region”
- Choose the new country you wish to opt.
And as we have talked above that you need to change your billing address according to your country region before you do the purchase.
The Bottom Line
One of the major problems what we face while travelling out of our region is that we cannot access our favorite services of iTunes. What remedies you can follow so that you can access these services are discussed into this article. You can change iTunes store country, so that you will be able to access all of these services. Here we have discussed how you can perform such processes easily and in effective manner, also you can find step by step tutorials with screenshots guiding you properly.