“How can fake GPS on Android without the mock location feature (since I can’t find it anywhere in my phone settings)? Can someone tell me how to enable mock location on Android?”
This is a query posted by a curious user regarding Huawei mock location settings and the use of fake GPS apps. Well, if you are also an Android user, then you can encounter a similar situation regarding the fake GPS mock location feature on your device too. Unlike iPhone, Android gives us an option to mock our device location without rooting it. Though, a lot of people don’t know how to enable mock location on their phones to access this feature. In this ultimate guide, I will tell you how to enable mock location on Android and whether you can fake GPS on Android without the mock location feature.
You might be wondering what is the fake GPS mock location feature on Android anyway. It is a popular add-on location-based feature in which we can change the present location of our device. Since it is not the actual location of our phone, it is known as a “mock location”. A lot of people enable the mock location feature on Android due to the following reasons.
- By changing your location, you can be benefited in games like Pokemon Go. That is, you can explore new places and catch Pokemons in the game without leaving your house.
- A fake location can also help you match with new people on games like Zombie Apocalypse and Mobile Legends.
- Besides that, if you use dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, Grindr, etc. then you can easily unlock profiles in any new place without actually visiting it.
- Some apps might not be available in your location and by faking its GPS, you can easily access them.
- There is also location-restricted content on any app or website that you can access after spoofing its GPS.
- You might wish to change your location on social apps as well. For instance, you can share a different location with your friends on WhatsApp.
- Some users even choose to change their location while browsing the net for security reasons.
Ideally, mock location is an inbuilt feature in Android phones that is needed to use any fake GPS app on it. Therefore, if you wish to use any GPS mock location app, then you need to turn on this feature first. To get the mock location feature, you need to enable the Developer Options on your phone beforehand.
Apart from that, there are some applications that you can use to fake your device location that would need a root access. Therefore, if you don’t want to root your phone and still fake its GPS, then you need to enable mock location in it.
If you want, you can use a VPN application to provide an added layer of security and change your phone’s IP address. But you should know that a VPN app will only change its IP address to a selected server and would not spoof its location.
Now when we have covered the basics about using a fake GPS Android app without mock location, let’s get to the main stuff. Ideally, to change your location, you need to do two things – enable mock location on Android and use a fake GPS app to select a target location. To perform fake GPS mock location on your phone, you can follow these steps:
3.1 Enable Mock Location on Android first
Although there are several fake GPS apps out there, they won’t work unless you have enabled the mock location feature on your device. For this, you need to first enable the Developer Options and later turn the feature on.
- To start with, just unlock your phone and go to its Settings > About Phone. Find the “Build Number” feature and tap on it 7 consecutive times to enable Developer Options. In some phones, this would be displayed as Serial Number or MIUI number (for Mi phones).
- Great! Once it is enabled, go to your phone’s Settings > Developer Options and turn on the feature to allow mock locations on the device.
- Later, you can install any reliable fake GPS app on your phone from the Play Store. After downloading it, you would again have to go to Developer Options and select the downloaded app under the mock location app feature to let it change your phone’s GPS.
3.2 Recommended Fake GPS Apps to Download
As you can see, after when you enable mock location on Android, you can use any fake GPS app to change its location. Here are some of these reliable GPS mock location apps that you can try.
1. Fake GPS Location by Lexa
This is one of the most reliable fake GPS applications that you can try on leading Android phones. It has a user-friendly interface that you can zoom in/out and move around to select a target location. If you want, you can search for any location by its name or enter its exact coordinates. You can also mark certain locations as your favorite and access your past location history as well.
Play Store Rating: 4.7
Works on: Android 5.0+
2. GPS Emulator
GPS Emulator is a lightweight and easy-to-use Android app that you can try to fake your location. You can look for any place in the world and change your location instantly. There is no need to root your device to make it work, you just have to enable mock location feature on it. The app also lets us mark our frequently changed positions as favorites.
Play Store Rating: 4.5
Works on: Android 5.0+
3. Fake GPS by ByteRev
This is another freely available application that runs on leading Android devices and can be used to spoof your device location. Apart from mocking your device’s location, you can also simulate your movement between two spots. This can particularly be used to hack eggs or evolve Pokemons in Pokemon Go.
Play Store Rating: 4.3
Runs on: Android 4.1+
4. Fake GPS by Hola
Hola is already known for its VPN apps and browser extensions. The company has also come up with a smart GPS mock location app that you can use for free. It has a map-like interface with different layers to let you drop your location anywhere you want. Though, there are some restricted features that are only available after their in-app purchase.
Play Store Rating: 4.1
Runs on: Android 4.0.3+
5. VPNa Fake GPS Location
Don’t get confused by the name of this fake GPS mock location app as it is not a VPN, but a location spoofer. You can look for places by their name or coordinates and instantly change your location. If you want, you can also mark your go-to places as favorites and further improve the accuracy of the mock location as well.
Play Store Rating: 3.8
Works on: Android 4.0.3+
After reading this ultimate guide on fake GPS and mock location, you would easily be able to spoof the location of your Android. As you can see, using a fake GPS app without mock location would be tough. Therefore, you can just enable mock location on your phone and then use a reliable fake GPS app to meet your requirements. The process is pretty easy and you would be able to enable mock location on your phone by following the above-listed guide. If you still have any doubt regarding fake GPS or mock location features, then let us know about it in the comments below.