“Is it possible to use Google Maps to calculate distance between multiple locations? I want to know the exact distance between different spots, but can’t seem to find any solution!”
If you also wish to use the distance marker on Google Maps, then you might have a similar query like this. Apart from navigation, Google Maps can be used for different other applications as well. For instance, you can easily measure distance between two addresses on Google Maps. Besides that, you can also use the Google Maps distance radius feature to focus on a certain area. In this guide, I will let you know how to use Google location distance and radius features in detail.
You might already know that Google Maps provides a map of the entire world for us to navigate. Though, there are times when users like to draw a radius on Google Maps for a particular location. Presently, the native feature of Google Maps does not have a distance radius tool. Therefore, to draw a radius on Google Maps, you would have to use an application that has its own interface. One of them is Map Developers that is based on Google Maps and has simply provided a solution to draw a radius on the map.
- Firstly, just go to the official website of Map Developers circle tool on any supported browser like Google Chrome. You can see that the website is based on Google Maps with its added layers to draw a radius on the map.
- Now, just use the native feature of the map to zoom in to any location of your choice. You can also enter the name of the location that you are looking for in the search bar.
- Besides that, you can also enter details about the radius of the circle, its color, and so on. After entering all the needed details, click on the “New Circle” button and it will be reflected on Google Maps interface.
If you want, you can later delete this circle or draw multiple circles in different colors to mark them in any location of your choice.
Apart from drawing a circle or radius on Google Maps, a lot of people would like to specify its distance as well. For instance, you might wish to specify a radius of specific miles or kilometers for a place on Google Maps. As stated above, the native feature of Google Maps is presently missing the distance radius feature. The good news is that there are tons of websites out there that have presented the same feature on the original layer of Google Maps.
- Map Developers Radius
Consider the example of the circle tool of Map Developers that we have discussed above. In this, you can just enter the name of a specific place on Google Maps. Now, you can specify the distance of radius in miles or kilometers. This will automatically draw the specific distance radius on Google Maps for the designated location.
- KML Circle Generator
If you know the exact longitude and latitude of the place, then you can also take the assistance of KML Circle Generator. In this, you would have to specify the exact coordinates of the place and the Google Maps distance radius value. After entering the relevant details, you can proceed and draw the radius distance on Google Maps.
This is one of the most resourceful features of Google Maps that a lot of people are not aware of. Using its native interface, you can find a straight line distance on Google Maps. That is, it won’t be the driving distance, but the exact distance between 2 places on Google Maps. If you want, you can add other spots to let Google Maps calculate distance between multiple locations as well. To learn how to measure distance between two addresses on Google Maps, follow these steps:
- At first, just launch Google Maps on your system and go to the source location on it. You can click on any marked location or anywhere else on the map. Even if you click on any unmarked location, Google will load its coordinates for you.
- Now, once the source location is identified, you need to right-click it to get its context menu. From the available options on the context menu, click on “Measure Distance”.
- Afterward, just click anywhere else on the map and it will automatically find a straight line distance in Google Maps between these two spots.
- If you want to continue, then just click anywhere else on the map and that will be considered as the next spot. Therefore, you can just click as many times as you want to let Google Maps calculate distance between multiple locations.
This technique will let you measure distance between any addresses on Google Maps. It doesn’t matter if it is your present location or not. If you want to measure distance in some other location, then just enter its name in the search bar to load it. In this way, you can measure distance anywhere in the world by sitting in your home.
This brings us to the end of this extensive guide on using Google Maps distance and radius features. As you can see, I have provided a smart and user-friendly solution to draw radius distance on Google Maps. Besides that, you can also follow the above guide to measure distance between two addresses on Google Maps. In the same way, you can also let Google Maps calculate distance between multiple locations as well. Go ahead and try these Google Maps distance and radius hacks and share your experience with us in the comments below.