If you are willing to change weather location of iPhone or you want to change weather location of android or windows, this article is for you. You will get all the solutions along with screen shots helping you to solve your entire query. This article also recommends the best three apps for both android and iPhone as well. So, stick to this article to get to know all your answers regarding weather apps.
If we talk about windows 10, it comes with an awesome weather application called MSN Weather. You can see its title showing right on the “Start menu”. But the issue what arises is suppose the “weather app” does not show your current location, what you should do is you need to change weather location that is default set on windows. Follow the following steps to change it easily.
- You need to open the “Weather” app from your “Home Screen”. Then you have to click on the “Settings” icon.
- After you’ve done the above process, you need to click on the “Default Location” under “Launch Location”, and type your desired location.
- Now, close the application, so that all the setting may be get applied. Now, reopen the application to see the changes and you will see that, the app is showing the weather of your selected location.
- Also, you can choose “Always detect my location” option so that computer could automatically choose your current location.
If you want to change weather location on Mac you can just follow the below steps. The following steps will let you change your location on the lock screen widget along with adding a city to the weather app.
- First, get into the Notification Center over your Mac by simply tapping over the Notification Center icon available over the top right corner. Or, you can also swipe in from the right side over your trackpad.
- Next, you’ll see the Weather widget right in the middle, hover over it with your cursor and hit on small encircled “i”. “Add” option will now appear over your screen. Tap on it to add a city to the weather widget.
- Now, a search box will appear, enter the desired location either by name or zip code or airport code.
- Once done, you can also re-order the list of cities added by you. For this, simply press and hold the “three horizontal lines” on the right of each entry followed by dragging it up or down to re-order it into the desired place.
Note: Please remember, the manually created Weather entries will always remain below the Weather entry of your current geological location.
3.1 Reset the built-in weather location on Android device
Lot of people now adays are arising issue to change weather location of Android. Down below is the solution of this issue in easy steps. Follow these steps to change weather location of Android.
Let’s see, what are the issues you might be facing if you want to change weather location of your Android phone.
- You are unable to see your location correctly on your phone’s widget.
- The weather widget of your phone may unable to update your location properly.
Follow these steps to reset and make your widget work properly:
- First thing first you need to turn on your GPS.
- Go to the Google Play Store. Now you need to install an application named “GPS Status and Toolbox”.
- Once you are done with the above process, you need to go to your Menu followed by tools and then go to “Manage AGPS State” and after that “RESET”.
- Once you are done with all of these above processes, from your home screen you need to remove your weather widget followed by clearing the data of weather widget. For this, jump to the steps below.
For devices running on Android OS 4 or higher:
- You need to go to “Settings”, opt for “Apps” and get into “All”.
- Now, opt for “Weather” and hit on “Clear data”.
- Lastly, reboot your device by holding the “POWER” button until the reboot option appears.
3.2 Is there any useful weather location App
1. Yahoo Weather
Downloading this application, you will not only get more features but the app is super simple to use as well as interactive too. This App sends you the daily notification reminding you, the weather report of the day. Unlike other apps this does not contains menu for different purposes, this is just a swipe up app.
- You will find the menu that is accompanied by different users’ photos in that area.
- The Images that are used are super easy to understand.
- You don’t have to hang up between the menus, you just need to have a easy swipe between the different areas.
- The ads that are integrated might be confusing.
- This app does not contain information like ski slope, pollen or tide.
- You cannot scroll through forecast in the “Horizontal Display”.
How to use it:
- Install the Yahoo Weather app from Google Play Store over your Android device.
- Now, launch the app and ensure to grant the access of location permission to the app. Then, if you wish to enable notifications, hit on “Enable Notifications” or else “No thanks”. Hit “Continue” afterwards.
- You’ll now have the weather readings of your current location over your screen. To change the location, hit on “+” icon on top right and punch in the new location over the search bar.
- Pick the desired location from the results and you’re done.
2. Weather Underground
This is another awesome application, this app is easier to use, you can set your location with the help of GPS or either city name or zip code. If you are curious about weather you can see the Hurricane map also. And this app gives you daily and hourly update of weather. To know weather, you can choose one out of many different graphs showing the weather description.
- For being more accurate this app asks for your verification on forecast.
- This app also Shows you the phases of moon.
- This app updates you with lists of pollen level along with flu activity so that you got to know when to stay indoors.
- Ads can distract you a bit.
- Without wifi connection you may face slowness in radar view.
How to use it:
- You need to set the location (of which you wish to view the weather forecast) with the help of GPS by hitting on “Current location” or hit “Search for a location” to look up for desired location using the city name or zip code.
- Opt for the desired location in the search results and as soon as you select it, you can see several different weather information over the app.
AccuWeather is another brilliant forecast app that is developed for both android and iPhone. This app is developed by Accuweather.com, this app is capable of showing accurate weather forecast around the world also with the weather condition at any particular region.
- You can see the weather forecast Overview of many famous cities on the opening of the app only.
- The background of this app indicates how the sky is currently looking.
- You can use radar with map to have an awesome look at weather condition.
- Take little bit more time to update.
- This app could be little confusing to use.
- Ads sometime look like the part of app.
How to use it:
- First, install the tool and launch it over your device. Now grant the location permissions and all other permissions required to allow the app to work properly.
- Once you enter the main screen of the app, you’ll get to see the weather forecast of your current location.
- Now, to change the location, you need to hit on “3 horizontal bars” over top left. Then, enter the desired location in the “search box” over the sidebar menu.
- Opt for the preferred location from the results and you’re done. Go back to the main screen of the app and you can see the cloud state on the background image of the app.
- Going down below you will find the weather conditions. Moreover, you can also checkout the weather graph changing hourly or daily. M
4.1 change the weather location services on iphone
- To change default weather location on iPhone, go to “Settings” followed by selecting “Privacy”. Once you’ve selected ‘Privacy’ you need to tap on the “Location Services”.
- After the above step is complete you need to scroll down to select “Weather”.
- After you’ve done so far, tap on the “Never” button that is located under “Allow Location Access”.
After doing all these steps we have to select the permanent location that will be showing into your “Weather App”.
- You need to open the “Weather” app followed by tapping on the “bulleted list” icon in the bottom right corner.
- Now you’ve to select the “+ icon” followed by typing your default location in the search bar.
- You have to opt for your desired location on the “search results” and you’re done. In the bottom of the location list the new location that you’ve selected will appear.
- Now press and hold on the new location and you will see it popping up. Simply, drag it upwards to re-order it over the top of location list.
4.2 How to set Weather location app on iPhone
1. Yahoo Weather
Yahoo weather is one of the top used apps when it comes keeping up with the weather conditions. Not only the UX design of this particular app is beautiful but also it is loaded with several features. For instance, dynamically changing wallpapers fetched right from flicker, morning greetings, daily notification and even more.
- Exhibits images of your particular location.
- Extremely easy to operate and understandable weather conditions.
- No information available about the pollen data and flu.
- No Horizontal scrolling available to switch between widgets or weather data categories.
How to use it:
The tutorial is pretty much the same as that of Yahoo weather app for Android devices. Here is the streak of steps you need to do.
- First things first, install the app and launch it. Grant the location permission to the app and get to the main screen of the app.
- Now, over your screen, you can access the weather readings of your current location. Hit on “+” icon on top right to add a new location. Then, you need to enter the desired location over the search bar.
- Finally, opt for the desired location from the results and you’re done.
2. Weather Underground
A yet another powerful app that you can look up to when it comes to gain insights of weather condition is Weather Underground. This app generates weather forecast via crowd-sourced data and offers vital information like severe weather alerts, satellite maps and interactive radar.
- For utmost accuracy, weather data reports are fetched on the basis of the Zip codes.
- Offers weather hazard reports as well. Moreover, health hazard reports like pollen data, flu and UV risk are also offered.
- Reportedly, the UX of the app is not intuitive and very hard to understand.
- Ads displayed over the app are really annoying.
How to use it:
- Get the Weather Underground app from the App store and launch it.
- You’ll have weather conditions displayed of your current location. In order to switch to another location’s weather condition, you need to tap over the “Magnifying glass” icon over the top.
- Search for the desired location and opt it from the results. That’s it.
Being one of the very first weather apps, Accuweather is also the most trusted and reliable weather conditions forecasting apps. With this app, you can fetch hyper local weather forecast conditions and that too, on hourly or daily basis.
- Offers “Real Feel” index that depicts what it would feel like outside on a particular time.
- Packed with other useful features like map with radar, a weather forecast video and graphs.
- Reportedly, the app lags quite a bit, which spoils up the user experience.
- Widget designs are not much appealing.
How to use it:
- Head to App store, search and install the Accuweather app. Launch the tool and grant the necessary location permissions to the app.
- Next, hit the + icon over the right top corner to add a new location. Then, search for the desired location in the search bar followed by selecting it from the results. That’s it.
The Bottom Line
This article consists of all the questions and the solutions that you have regarding the Weather location apps. If you want to change weather location of iPhone or if you want to change weather location of Android or you want to change weather location of window MSN either. This article consists of all your answers. This article also recommends three best apps for both iPhone and Android.