In some work places and schools, you might have observed that sites such as Facebook and YouTube are inaccessible. Though, there is no problem with the internet connectivity or whatsoever you can’t unblock Facebook using any means.
Oops! Facebook is blocked
Actually, companies mostly let these websites accessible to specific departments that work on social media, like their social media marketing team. Apart from that department, other people might spend unnecessary time on social media platforms if not checked. To avoid such kind of a scenario the companies add blockers and prevent the sites from being accessed by everyone.
Apart from this, if your account has been locked or deleted, then also you can’t access your Facebook account.
Here are some useful methods to understand how to unblock Facebook site.
4 Tested ways to unblock Facebook
Well! If you are also facing the above mentioned issue, then here we go with the proven answers to your queries. Let’s see how you can unblock FB and use it as usual.
Solution 1: Using VPN to unblock Facebook
The first and best method to unlock Facebook, in your office or school is through a VPN. VPN(virtual private network) helps you access websites which are blocked. It acts as a moderator between the server site and you to camouflage the blocked site from ISPs. This in turn enables you to access them.
Among the popular VPNs, NordVPN stands out from the rest. It protects your private data from hackers by encrypting your online activity. Prevents snoopy advertisers from annoying you. You can easily access censored content, unblock Facebook websiteand other blocked social networks, and stream websites securely at high speed.
- With NordVPN, you get complete online security against malwares and hackers. Their cutting-edge technology is designed to protect you from unsafe public Wi-Fi and irritating Ads (by blocking the Ads).
- It keeps your data completely private by hiding your IP from the internet and keeping intruders away.
- Even when you are abroad, you can access your favorite content over the internet without any bandwidth restrictions with NordVPN.
- It doesn’t matter what device you are using to access the internet. NordVPN will take care of that by securing up to 6 devices with one account.
- The flexible VPN services include VPN apps, dedicated IPs, browser proxy extensions etc. to safe keep your identity and data.
The step by step guide to NordVPN setup and then unblock Facebook using VPN–
More detailed steps for NordVPN setup are as follows:
Step 1: Download the software
Browse the NordVPN site and hit the ‘Download’ button. Go to the ‘Downloads’ folder and look for the respective version of software. For example, if you have a Windows computer then click the NordVPN Setup.exe file.
Step 2: Install it on your device
Once it gets downloaded on your PC, tap ‘Yes’ on the popup window. First time users need to select the ‘Tap Virtual Ethernet Adapter’ checkbox and click ‘Next’. Tap ‘Install’ afterwards to install NordVPN.
Step 3: Establish the connection
As soon as the installation gets over, click on the VPN icon on your desktop. While launching the VPN, click ‘Allow’ if prompted. Now, key in your NordVPN credentials to log in and tap ‘Login now’. Click on the ‘Quick Connect’ icon on the top corner to automatically connect to the VPN server. Ones the country pin glows green, you will see that where you are connected to the VPN.
Solution 2: Unblock Facebook using the IP address
You can also unblock Facebook at school or office through its IP address. It is quite possible to unblock Facebook website, even if your system administrator has blocked it. Unblock FB by finding the Windows hosts file and then use the IP address to carry out the process.
Here is the step by step guide to unlock Facebook using IP address –
- Launch the command prompt (Windows logo + R keys) and key in ‘ping facebook.com –t’ .
- Wait for the replies to show up and then you will get the IP address. Enter it on the browser and then hit enter to unblock Facebook site. You can repeat the process to get a new IP if the current one doesn’t work anymore.
Note: Sometimes launching the command prompt needs administrative access.
Solution 3: Modify the system hosts file to unblock Facebook
When you can’t access Facebook in your workplace or school because it’s been blocked. You can edit the host file of your computer, which maps the IP addresses. By editing it Windows is customized and can redirect or block a certain website. Program applications and protocols also get blocked this way. Once you locate the host file, it becomes easier to unblock Facebook website. It works for Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista systems.
To understand how to unblock Facebook website, follow this guide –
- To find the required host file, follow these steps: Go to ‘My Computer’/‘This PC’ > ‘C:\’ > ‘Windows’ > ‘System32’ > ‘Drivers’ > ‘etc.’ > ‘hosts’.
- Under ‘hosts’ double click ‘File’ > ‘Notepad’ > ‘OK’. You will find the host file location now. But, you won’t be able to edit it here.
- To edit the host file, follow these steps: Go to ‘Start’ > browse ‘Notepad’ > right-click ‘Notepad’ > ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Browse ‘File’ > ‘Open’ > ‘C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.’ A blank screen will appear prompting ‘No items match your search’.Select the ‘All Files’ option rather than the ‘.txt’ one and tap ‘Open’.
- ‘Windows’ + R> type ‘www.facebook.com’ > get the IP address.
- Now, at the end of the host file, type the IP address then the ‘website name’.
Example – 220.127.116.11 www.facebook.com
Solution 4: Unblock Facebook using a proxy website
Apart from all the above methods, if you want to know how to unblock Facebook website. You can open yourbrowser to unblock Facebook through various proxy website. Here is how to unblock Facebook site with proxy site –
Browse ‘http://instantunblock.com/facebook-proxy/’ > add the Facebook URL in the designated field > ‘Unblock Facebook’.