There are numerous reasons of YouTube being restricted outside the US. It becomes a grueling task to unblock YouTube without knowing the exact issue. The fact that YouTube videos are not accessible beyond the US is because of the owner’s consent.
Video owners allow videos to be specifically available on YouTube for a specific geographic region. Outside that territory, no one can view without unblocking theYouTube videos. When you use an IP address that doesn’t belong to the region or country the YouTube video is legally permitted. You get an error message ‘This video is not available in your country’.
How to unblock YouTube using a VPN
A VPN allows you to unblock YouTube sites, even if they are restricted for your geographic region. Apart from securing your identity over open Wi-Fi networks, it makes your online activity anonymous.
Just like a moderator between the server and you, it masks the blocked YouTube channels from your ISP. As a result, you can access the YouTube videos without any worry. Performance, speed and reliability are the main aspects of a VPN.
Video guide: Set up VPN quickly to unblock YouTube
Recommended way to unblock YouTube: NordVPN
If you want to unblock YouTube at school, be it for referring to a DIY project from a foreign school or college, NordVPN will prove to be an exceptional solution. The VPN not only masks your IP but also encrypts the data transferred online. You no longer get annoyed with useless Ads or snoopy advertisers threatening to steal your personal information. You can easily unblock YouTubeSSL of the foreign channels and access their content.
When it comes to protection against identity theft, data security, NordVPN stands to be the best. YouTube collects data relating to user privacy, but with VPN you can avoid that. NordVPN can unblock YouTube being a trusted VPN, and allow you to access videos worldwide. This YouTube country unblocker is really one of its kinds.
Knowing these features of NordVPN will help you how to unblock YouTube efficiently –
- With NordVPN, you can seamlessly access YouTube content from abroad as well as other websites. It ensures that you can also work securely with public Wi-Fi without any malware or spyware attacks.
- It deters intruders online by blocking irritating Ads and masking your IP and personal data from the scammers.
- You can use up to 6 devices across platforms with a single NordVPN account.
- Even though you are on international trips, it ensures not overconsuming your bandwidth.
- NordVPN offers you IPs, proxy browser extensions, and VPN apps to safely browse the internet and watch YouTube videos without any geographical limitation.
Let’s understand how to unblock YouTube videos if the video tutorial does not help enough.
Step 1: To use NordVPN, you need to first download it from the NordVPN website. After that you need to click the ‘Tap Virtual Ethernet Adapter’ checkbox and then the ‘Next’ button. Now, you need to press the ‘Install’ button to get the software on your computer.
Step 2: After you download the software, launch it on your PC. You need to login to your account and then tap the ‘Quick Connect’ button for establishing a connection with the server. As soon as the country pin light glows green, you can watch YouTube unblocked version of any video.
How to unblock YouTube using proxy
Another way to watch free unblock YouTube from foreign countries is using proxy websites. These proxies receive your request and reroutes it through another computer.
There are private and public proxy servers. While private proxies are usually paid, they offer more stability and reliability. These proxies assist you to bypass restricted foreign websites and let you watch YouTube unblocked in your own country.
As a YouTube country unblocker, they allow you an anonymous access to watch or read information from across the globe.
The disadvantages with proxies include –
- They are unsecure as hackers can anytime attack them.
- As your data is exchanged to the proxy, there is risk of scammers leaking the data by cyberattacks.
- While watching free unblocked YouTube videos you can’t skip within the video.
- They mostly protect only the browser rather than your internet traffic.
- Some of them even pass your actual IP to the parent site, making your privacy and security vulnerable.
- You need to configure them separately for browser, email, and third-party apps.
Step by step guide to access unblock YouTube videos using proxies
- First you need to go over the internet and search for a desired proxy site server via which you would like to open YouTube and enjoy your preferred videos.
- In this case, we are taking an example of proxysite.com. Visit “proxysite.com” and hit on the Youtube button available in the middle of the screen. That’s it, the proxy site will allow you to temporarily browse Youtube on your computer through its server.
How to unblock YouTube using browser extensions
While speaking of unblocking and streaming YouTube, browser extensions are also good options.
You can unblock YouTube and other blocked websites in school, college or workplace with restricted internet access. To unblock YouTube site, you need to find a trusted browser first and then start the process. Google it, to unblock YouTube videos and channels from around the world. You get faster speed as it uses networks of proxy servers for accessing the web seamlessly.
Disadvantages of browser extension
- You can’t select a certain location while browsing the internet. The extension selects it on its own.
- It connects directly to unblocked websites, which might put your privacy in question.
Here are the steps to freely unblock YouTube (we have taken friGate3 browser extension as an example):
- Download the browser extension from the web and install it on your browser. Now, tap on the friGate3 extension icon and configure it to whitelist the YouTube channel you want to access content from.
- Next, you just need to turn on the friGate3 and then you can access the unblocked YouTube site easily.